Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I Can Do This Positive Spin Thing

After a little tossing and turning (or more accurately, gently repositioning my sore body) last night, I came up with an analogy which helps with that psychological game from last night:

If you are told that you are considered "overweight" from 160-200lbs and "obese" above 200lbs, does someone who is 199 really have a significantly better prognosis than someone at 201?

Yesterday afternoon, I went from thinking the scale was reading 199 to finding out that it really read 201. Totally doesn't change my prognosis or treatment, just has a new name. Unfortunately, I can't skip a couple meals to change the results, but Dr. Kirshner will tell me in a few short hours what we CAN do about it. Tick tock, tick tock.

1 comment:

  1. Keep fighting, your optimism is inspiring. Cuse nation appreciates everything you do and wishes you the best through your recovery.

    ReplyDelete